Below are the questions and discussions from each week of our Partnership Group so you can stay up to date and caught up with our group.
RULES FOR SHARING DURING OUR GROUP
1) When one person is talking, everyone really listens without interrupting.
2) When asked to give feedback to the person sharing:
-Always start with what you can affirm and agree with; then share other opinions or questions
-In all your responses, be thinking of how to build this person up and encourage them towards what God has for them.
-This is not a time for giving advice!
3) Confidentiality for group sharing:
-Our commitment to each other is to respect the vulnerability and the trust given to us by the open and honest sharing within the group.
-It is not appropriate to share information from your group with people outside the group as a matter of interest or gossip.
-If you need advice as to how to help someone in your group who has shared a confidence with you, please reach out to both Katie or Myself who will be happy to pray with you and help you develop a plan of action to help.
I commit myself to fully participate in this partnership group to learn all that I can, for the further growth and maturing of our marriage.
I am willing to be stretched, to risk, and to step out into areas that are not normally comfortable for me.
I promise to make every effort to willingly and freely open up to you. I will not require you to "pull things out of me."
I purpose to move towards living with you in a truthful and vulnerable way, withholding nothing of importance for the health of our marriage.
I will honor you by pursuing relationship with you and by taking the initiative to share things with you that would be important to you, to God, and the well-being of our family.
I invite the Lord to "expand my tent pegs" in the area of transparency and vulnerability, to increase my expectation for His highest in our marriage, and to teach me new ways of loving you.
I ask Jesus to ignite a new passion in me for you and to give me a new desire to see you and love you as He does.
1) Walk and Pray Together 3 times /week (if you can't walk, come up with other options that work for you as a couple and share them with each other and our group.) The Point is to pray together.
2) Purchase notebooks or journals and keep them with your Bible by your bed, and begin writing down any dreams or words the Lord may give you.
3) Be ALERT (be prepared) for your adversary, the devil, prowls around like a roaring lion seeking someone to devour, but resist him firm in your faith."
-1 Peter 5:8-9
As you take this step of intentionally strengthening your marriage, the devil will work very hard at making your spouse the enemy so you can't join together in destroying his works in your lives. Be aware of this especially the day preceding the night of each partnership group. Pray over your hearts to fully engage and receive during each time together.